about the story and the way chapters work
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

about the story and the way chapters work

Im wondering what triggers the end of chapter 1, i figured it be bringing back the eye of einos. But What happen once u get to chapter 2 ? all current quests are gone? What about all the beas and monsters... do they respawn? or all the ones i can see right now are all that there is ?

Cuz lets say i get super strong in chap 1 and kill everything then there will not be anymore beast for the rest of the game?

If thats the case then i should wait till i learn to take trophies besides hides so i can make money....

*this is off topic*
last night i woke up with a cool idea that id like to see in gothic 3 or oblivion for that manner.... would be cool if on your travels you could actually pick up stones put them in circle then gather wood to make a fire and sleep on a wolf hide to rest for the night
just thought id share that with yall
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:17 pm
Ollweird
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: about the story and the way chapters work

When you talk to hagen about the dragons chapter 1 ends.
All quests that's not completed remains to be solved, new monsters awaits.
Post Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:39 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yeah, the quests stay in your Journal until you finish them, and all the monsters respawn and later, are replaced with tougher creatures.
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:46 am
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

Im taking my sweet timw with this game

Ive got nothing else to do in chapter one now except monster here and there that im still not able to beat ( trolls, orc elite, 2orcs at the same time, shadow warriors,
5-6 warg at the same time .. 2-3 i can beat them

Im level 12 altho i wanted to be at least 15 to get into chp 2...ive racked up 25hours of gameplay just on chapter one hehe .....should i expect the ohter chapters to be this long?

man i love this game i just wish i had my new PC to run at high details
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:15 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by wacko3
Im level 12 altho i wanted to be at least 15 to get into chp 2...ive racked up 25hours of gameplay just on chapter one hehe .....should i expect the ohter chapters to be this long?

No need to wait, you can do it and kill about half of the orcs in the VoM already, but you can easily go there when you're level 12. You'll be overpowered soon enough!

It all depends on how much you do in the first chapters. If you do most of the quests as soon as you get them, you must be aware of the fact that the final chapters will be almost hack-n-slash. You'll get some large quests, but that's it.
Post Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:40 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

By the way, in the valley of mines there is an awesome trick you can use to rack up tons of experience and teach the bloody orcs a lesson at the same time. Read on for the secret.

Spoiler:
If you run up the ram, orcs won't follow you. They'll sit at the bottom making gestures then turn and leave. If you lure orcs there, then attack from a certain point, you can kill every single one without any damage.

Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:11 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

That's hasn't been a secret anymore for a looooooooooooooong time.
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:41 pm
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
That's hasn't been a secret anymore for a looooooooooooooong time.

well if its no secret mind tellling me at least the name of the thread or where to check it out??

here is something i dont get ... Ok last night i started chapter 2 and i was drunk so maybe thats why i dont get this...

in the VOM at the beginning there is a cae that lead to an overhead pathway...
upon walking there u get the loading screen of the orc camp...then all of a suden it night.....i took the path on the left thats goes downward...and there is a cut scene of dragon attacking the Khoronis.....so i ran back there and nothing had changed?? WTF
So in the VOM should i just take the other path i know it loads to the same area i guess but im lost here damn beer lolll
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:28 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

well if its no secret mind tellling me at least the name of the thread or where to check it out??

here is something i dont get ... Ok last night i started chapter 2 and i was drunk so maybe thats why i dont get this...

in the VOM at the beginning there is a cae that lead to an overhead pathway...
upon walking there u get the loading screen of the orc camp...then all of a suden it night.....i took the path on the left thats goes downward...and there is a cut scene of dragon attacking the Khoronis.....so i ran back there and nothing had changed?? WTF
So in the VOM should i just take the other path i know it loads to the same area i guess but im lost here damn beer lolll

Yes, this is normal. You see that cutscene the very first time you enter
the VOM. And the dragon is not attacking Khorinis. He's attacking another place you'll visit in the VOM ...
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:47 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

As for the ram exploit, let's just say it has been discussed before, and more than once at that: it's well-known by now. One of the threads in question was, for example, this:
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=405998&highlight=ram#405998

The dragon wasn't attacking Khorinis, it was attacking the castle in the VoM.

=EDIT=
Dang, I was too slow!
Post Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:47 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yeah,I know it's not a secret but he didn't seem to know about it so it was more for wacko3 then everybody else. I didn't want to just blurt it out to him if he didn't actually want to know, but yet give him the option if he did. Just trying to be nice by not spoiling.
And wacko3 just continue on down the path, you'll see where the orc was attacking shortly.
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:38 am
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Dunmer King
Yeah,I know it's not a secret but he didn't seem to know about it so it was more for wacko3 then everybody else. I didn't want to just blurt it out to him if he didn't actually want to know, but yet give him the option if he did. Just trying to be nice by not spoiling.
And wacko3 just continue on down the path, you'll see where the orc was attacking shortly.

yep got it thx
yeah the ram trick is kinda stupid if you get like all the orc in one shot
if u read my little story ( im a killing machine thread) i did use it sometimes but when i couldnt get one orcs alone... 2 orc warriors i could get them but if there was an elite then it get onto the ram kill the warrior then take my sword and take out the elite....

man this is a great game im just pissed i cant find gothic 1 ..except for 50 and 60$ on ebay and amazon ... since when video game became vintage
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:46 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

I still suggest you all mail Xicat Interactive and ask them if Gothic is still available somewhere. One after the other and with different mails of course.

$60 is insane. This is not really an option.
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:59 pm
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
I still suggest you all mail Xicat Interactive and ask them if Gothic is still available somewhere. One after the other and with different mails of course.

$60 is insane. This is not really an option.

Hey Gorath where does Xicat have to do with JoWood? i did visit the website and as for finding gothic one they put the link to amazon there lolllll
i wrote to them but the email doesnt exist anymore..i receive a failed deleivery notice.

I also wrote to JoWood' PR and suggested that they release a package deal with G1.2,NOTR before G3
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:21 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

Hey Gorath where does Xicat have to do with JoWood?

The same that JoWooD has to do with Gothic 1: nothing.

quote:

i did visit the website and as for finding gothic one they put the link to amazon there lolllll
i wrote to them but the email doesnt exist anymore..i receive a failed deleivery notice.
Yes, this sounds like Xicat. Maybe posting in their forum helps.

quote:
I also wrote to JoWood' PR and suggested that they release a package deal with G1.2,NOTR before G3
Such a thing will come in Germany this month. They licensed Gothic for it.
Post Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:30 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next