FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What are the books for?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I am only in chaper one, My question is
What are the books for, I see Water Mage has sevenal book for trade. But do they only enrich the story, Or do they have any use for your character?
Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:12 pm

Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

I use them as a source of light reading material just before I bed down with one of Gomez' babes for the night
Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:32 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Some of the books are for entertainment value, but some can teach you some very important things about the game.

Post Fri Jan 11, 2002 6:38 pm
DisiLLusiOn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-01-11 12:38, Brak wrote:
Some of the books are for entertainment value, but some can teach you some very important things about the game.

i'd like to add to this, and maybe clear something up...by "teaching" you, this doesnt mean you gain any kind of skills or something from them... for example, you wont learn how to remove stingers from bloodflies by reading the book "bloodflies" but will just learn about how they attack, and tips on how to kill them. so, in my opinion, if you read this forum enough, you will learn more than the books can ever teach you
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 1:25 am

Um... actually you DO learn to remove stingers from bloodflies if you read that book.
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 3:42 am

RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yea but its not exacly essential for the game is it, ooh 1 sting for each blood fly u kill, hardly worth much
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 3:46 am

Dude I've purched so much stuff from wings and singers alone. A stinger is worth 25 ore... it adds up. There are enough bloodflies in the game that it becomes a rather lucrative trade actually.
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 3:53 am

RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

hmm i guess so,
but my main trade item was Crude Swords by far, i just baught literatly every thing with them, just lockpicked the 2 chests at the workshops at the OC, stones one in the OC, and the SC. bang, like 60-70 crude swords, all worth 100.
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:32 am
DisiLLusiOn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2002-01-11 21:42, Anonymous wrote:
Um... actually you DO learn to remove stingers from bloodflies if you read that book.

LOL, ohhh yeah, well i feel like an ass! so i guess that was a bad example....so, BESIDES the book of bloodflies, you dont really learn anything from books (skill wise) but i guess they do add to the story some

[ This Message was edited by: DisiLLusiOn on 2002-01-12 01:40 ]
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:40 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

yea lol,
but nah, none of the other books give u squot. ie; The Art of Fighting book doesnt actually give u fighting skills..
i think the bloodfly one is the only one that gives u any thing, a few books give u experience tho.
Post Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:42 am