I need some help...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I need some help...

Yes, I have to level my character to be able to finish Tribunal. Its a Nord Warrior, currently level 34... Its extreamly slow to go around and kill enemies to level up, I have lotsa gold, but no one can train me! They say that i can't train over "governing attribute" or something like that... what should I do? I really want to continue my adventures in Mournhold.

And another question, where can I find a full set of Ebony armor?

I have my Dragonbone armor and my deadric dai-katana... i thought i was powerfull enough. :p
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:06 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Levelling up

Information: The Governing Attribute of a skill is the attribute most closely associated with that skill, e.g. Acrobatics=STR, Alchemy=INT, LA=AGI etc. You cannot (normally, ignoring bugs) train a skill's level past it's controlling attribute's level.

Are there NO Major/Minor skills that you can presently train? None at all?!?

What are you Major/Minor skills? Ten-to-one there's one in there you didn't use all that much and is still quite low. Concentrate on raising that normally.

If you're in the position of having NO trainable Major/Minor skills and NO low Major/Minor skills, it looks like you're going to have to either work hard for a couple of hours, or cheat:

player->setStrength 100

If you really desperately need to level but don't want to cheat too much, bumb up the attributes, train up the skills, then set the attributes back to what they were before. Then sleep...

As for a full set of Ebony - there's some geezer1 who attacks you who has a full set isn't there? Otherwise search the forums for "full suit ebony" and see if it's been asked before.

1: Tribunal doesn't come out for another two weeks here - I've just seen it mentioned somewhere...
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:39 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Thanks... well, there is some skills i could raise. Like my marksman skill, its only on 55, but where do i find a trainer?

Im a Warrior, I can't remember whice skills i have, i have most of the major skills pretty high...

And, Tribunal have been released for like 2 weeks i US...
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 3:17 pm
hest59
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You could always fortify those attributes just before you train the skills that way you can train skills above your attributes natural values atleast
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:25 pm
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Could you steal something then go to jail and get some skills lowered then level them again? and here is a plug in for good trainers http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/mods/mods.asp if that doesn't take you to the right page type in balmora in the search menu then a plug-in called balmora University is around the 7th result
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 10:06 pm
hest59
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Prblem with that is that the only thing he would achieve is adding a few hitpoints and not becoming more powerful, maybe he'd even become less powerful relative to what levelled nasties may spawn in tribunal, since his skills would be the same and his level higher.
Post Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:50 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

No, I don't use plug-ins... its cheating.

Anyway, where can i find i list of trainers? That would really help.
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:08 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Master Trainers:

Here: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/gameguides/all/morrowind/
Post Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:48 pm