Questions.. as usual :-)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Questions.. as usual :-)

First of... its a damn shame i have to "pay" 15(!) skillpoints for +5 mana now. I have 105 mana, 85 if i take of my weapon wich give +20 mana.

Anyhow.. maybe i could avoided it if i had my weapon off, but they started charging 15 suddenly, and 105 in mana aint much now is it?
I want to get as much mana with skillspoints as possible, and use King Sorrel and Mana Tablets to gain more afterwards..
Anyway, who teaches mana to the highest level in the game? Vatras?

Im also supposed to find "Mine shares" in a firemage mission.. i think i miss 1, and im curious who i havent asked. I think it was 3 people in the marketarea in town.. the hunter guy and the guy with the house cross the street (near upper quarter entrance). The tavern, and the lady on Onars farm. Who else got those shares?
Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:10 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Sekob's wife Rosi also sells a mining share, I guess that's the one you missed.
But here's the total list:

Spoiler:
- Matteo
- Bosper
- Canthar (Marketplace)
- Zuris (Markerplace)
- Salandril (Upper Quarter)
- Orlan (Tavern)
- Rosi (Sekob's Farm)
- Elena (Onar's Farm)

And Pyrokar will learn you mana upto 300. That's the highest level. Vatras only learns upto 120 mana (or 250 but that's only in chapter 6).
Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:36 am
Galamoth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Chiefo, can you tell me what weapon it is that you're using? I yearn to find it!
Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:36 am
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I think Gorax in the monastery can sell you some mage weapons that increase your mana. but only in tnotr.
Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:58 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I found Rosie, thanks.

The weapon i think i bought from Gorax or the merchandise guy you help out with the tablets and bandits near the tavern (TNoR) or the guy selling mana potions and etc in market place.

Anyway...

Isnt 15lvl points ALOT to spend on 5plus mana? Is it smart for me to save up the tablets and King Sorrel+Mana potions when i have trained myself max?
Dont tell me they will cost even more later?
Pyrokar cant teach me anything, do i have to wait to later chapter then 3?

more questions:

- He talk about more people being obsessed, Vino got killed by those hooded people.. but i got the 4 books, and only he got wacked. Pyrokar talks about "more" but do i have to randomly look for them or is there a place to get the names?

- Im level 23, 43 strength.. and 18% twohanded weapon fighting (my weapon with mana +20 is 2handed) with Mana 105 and circle 3. The hooded people are almost impossible for me to kill, even though im -alot- better then last time i played G2 as a mercenary and met them. Do i have to kill anyone of them before progressing to chapter 4 (i know i can avoide most of them)? I forgott where the Innos is, but i think its near the area of the black troll/Pyramide.
Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:34 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

That's your quest from Pyrokar as a mage is to stop the seekers. If you haven't been to get the eye yet, that's going to be tough if there are as many seekers there as the regular game.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:33 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The problem was that i can't progress to circle 4 and get a better "rune" to get them as i didnt get any from 3circle beside iceblock. And i wont have anymore either (saving the runes).

The fireball doesnt do them much harm.. and im a mage, so my skills with tho-handed is bad. But increasing with the very few magic tablets - two handed, i find.

But.. i just ran, ran in and grabbed the damn thing and i got it

you know more how i should solve the "obsessed" mission as i have found all the first four (Vino got killed by the hoods) but Pyrokar talks about "more"
Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:13 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Pyrokar should have given you a magic letter to show you who is or will be possessed. That quest doesn't actually end until ch 6. You'll have different people in next chapter and then ch 5 to find. One book shows up later back in that stone circle where Vino was. You won't get circle 4 until just before you leave for the dragon hunt. If ice block stops the new seekers, then you could use that and hack on them with your sword. That worked for me.

Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:56 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

My 55dmg +20mana doesnt do much good on them even in iceblock.. well, a bit, but useless if more then 1.

anyway, not a big problem.

The right guy next to Pyrokar mentioned some holy stones that i can find on stone cirlces? to protect myself from Seekers.. i first thought he ment shrines (some of those have been messed with, can i fix it?) but then it said stone circles.. i went to sekobs stone circle but i found nothing as expected.. whats this quest about?

btw.. i got the rune, Holy light. Im using it as light in dark places even though its not too great. Is holy light to avoide zoombies or something?
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:15 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

The shrines are for the paladins to solve. What you're looking for for the amulet of soul summoning is a stone from blessed soil. You should be able to find one near the shrine near Lobart's farm.

Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:38 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Chiefo
The right guy next to Pyrokar mentioned some holy stones that i can find on stone cirlces? to protect myself from Seekers.. i first thought he ment shrines (some of those have been messed with, can i fix it?) but then it said stone circles.. i went to sekobs stone circle but i found nothing as expected.. whats this quest about?

You will need to find "Stone of the Blessed Soil" There are two locations where you can find this rock: Right behind the shrine near Lobart's Farm and near the last shrine on the road which you follow for the "Path of Believers"-quest (not sure about the last location).
Post Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:19 am