Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Just for kicks, post your system specs and characters!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Athlon 1700
512 MB RAM
GeForce 2 (I know... )
Some Soundblaster card, I forgot which one and I'm too lazy to look it up.

What shall I say, the game is running quite well on my machine (he's called Werner, by the way), no complaints. I'm not this picky and I don't need to run it at more than 1024x768, and I don't care much about framerates as long as gameplay is okay with me (and folks can say what they want, MW is just as cozy and slowish as Daggerfall was ).

My character is an Imperial female warrior with a habit of stealing things when noone's looking her way.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:51 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

C'mon, guys, we can do better than that.

GO MORROWIND!!

-Matt's Druid Warrior is now at lvl 5
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:03 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Specs:
P4 1.4 Ghz
256 Ram
GF2 Ultra 64 Mb
Loud Speakers
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:49 pm
Radix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Athlon XP1600+
512 DDR2100
Gainward Geforce4 Ti 4200 (great budget card - highly recommended)
Win2000 Pro
Soundblaster Live Value
AOC 19 inch monitor
50-80 fps indoors, 15+ fps in towns, 25+ fps wilderness max settings

Radix Shadowclaw,
lvl 33 Khajiit nightblade
Mage, Thief, Blades and Morag Tong guilds
Steals whatever he can, assassinates writs, Dreamers and Telvanni mages only, plunders any tomb he comes across and attacks only in self defense. Also frees slaves when the mood hits him...
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:43 pm
L_U_D_W_I_G
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

MACHINE: (I basically upgraded just for this game...)

P4 1.6 GHZ
512 DDR RAM
Raydeon 8500 (128 mb) Video Card - This card seems to work better than even the top end G-FORCE chips!
Sound Blaster Audigy

My frame rates are fantastic! Indoors it can get up to 70-80 FPS, though outdoors it runs about 50 FPS, and the worst is in Balmora where it gets about 25-30 at the bottom end.

I am playing two characters - A level 30 Dark Elf Adventurer (who I built basically like a thief with a few more combat skills.) He is pretty tricked out in stealing and lockpicking - I steal EVERYTHING - I'll jack a wheelchair out from under an old lady if I can get my hands on it... He also has high persuasion to calm people down when I get caught jacking them (but a bad habit of administering beat-downs instead of taking the time and effort to talk it out.)

I also have a standard level 25 Redguard Knight with very high persuasion and long blade skills- I try to be good and "noble" with him and not steal or kill random people... but it is sooo hard. Especially when the nobleman's wife in Ald'Ruhn starts mouthing off to me. Alas... She is no longer with us... Anyway, I sure do miss those lock-picking skills.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:12 pm
Scrivener
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

I'm playing with an AMD 1900, GeForce TI4400, 256MB DDR, Gigabyte Motherboard, Windows 98 (Chinese!). No technical problems.

My character is a female Breton, sign of the Apprentice, specialized attributes Intelligence and Wisdom, specialization Magic, major skills Conjuration, Mysticism, Alteration, Destruction, Enchant, minor skills Restoration, Illusion, Block, Long Blade, Heavy Armor. My only regret is specializing in Wisdom instead of Endurance. I like the magic system!

For me one important decision was my character's attitude to Tamriel politics. I decided to be a "Dunmer Sympathizer", anti-Imperial, true Telvanni personality. Haven't always stuck to that though.
Post Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:45 am
dserk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My system, just for kicks

Hi all,

I just upgraded to a fab new mobo/CPU and the game runs silly-fast now but still with occasional pauses outdoors. Inside, looking at a wall, I can get the FPS to max out, 90fps in my case is where the max is set. Is there any point to allowing FPS to exceed your monitor's refresh rate? Frame rates fall to about 30 when an NPC is in view (WTF?) and outdoors I don't think my frame rate has dipped below 10 yet. On my Slot A Athlon 800 with PC133 towns' frame rates would not go above 15. Ever. Here's my new shizzle:

- AMD AthlonXP 2000 running at about 1.666Ghz in an Asus A7N8X
- 256Mb PC2700 DDR SDRAM, 1 stick (Dual-Channel memory not used)
- Radeon 9000 128Mb DDR
- SoundBlaster Live!Platinum and Event Tria Monitor System for speakers
- 7200RPM ATA100 WD Caviar HDD

That's all. BTW, I'm playing a male Khajiit Monk, I am Grandmaster of House Hlaalu and Operative of the Blades. Morrowind is one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I've been playing these games since Ultima V came out. Arx Fatalis is also a good game, IMHO it has much more personality than Morrowind. Before I really got into the gameworld I thought Morrowind was rather flat and generic but I invested many hours into playing Morrowind (on my old, slow machine) and have enjoyed it tremendously.

"I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe." -Arthur Dent
Post Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:07 pm
Athalus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

My System

got a new one about a month ago:

P4 2.6Ghz
512Mb RAM
128MB Radeon 9700
SB Live
17" Flat Screen monitor
120G HD
200 Watt 5 point surround sound THX speakers (really nice)
oh, and a 17" digital flat screen monitor

Presently playing a redguard custom class (fighter primarily), level 22. Armour is all ebony at the moment while looking for Daedric, apart from Ten Pace boots, the gauntlets of radagulf, some mask that increases personality, and Lords Mail. Presently have an ebony longsword while looking for a Daedric one to enchant with my star of Azura

Oh, have 101 endurance, 99 strengh (boosted to 119 with the gauntlets), and heavy armour skill and longsword skills maxed. AV is about 270.

Fav. items include: Amulet of Shadows (80% chamelion) totally invaluable
Ring of Ever opening (my own creation - an open 100 ring) likewise
and the amulets of Almvisi intervention/Divine intervention
Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:42 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

P3 1Ghz
256 MB SDRam
GF2 MX (32 MB)
Sound Blaster Live!

HOnestly, I turned frame rates on for a joke... unsurprisingly, outdoors I tend to get 10 to 20 (I've never seen higher than 20). Indoors it's between 30 and 50 usually.

Restartitis killed my enjoyment of this game last time, and it is again. Sticking to my guns, though, and playing an Imperial Fighter type. Low stats and low level (about level 11 after god knows how many hours of play).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:51 pm
ShadowWolfe
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Location: In the northern mountains of the western continent.

amd thunderbird 1.75 ghz
768 mb of sdram (ew)
*Geforce 2 ( jaz i have the same problem )
Soundblaster audigy
Fps 2000 cambridge soundworks speakers

i get really good fps all over. in balmora with details on high i get about 30 fps.

and my character is Azalin and he is a lvl 25 Warrior/Necromancer.

* get my geforce 4 in a week or so

.: Amd XP 2700+
.: Geforce FX 5900 Ultra
.: 1024mb DDr pc2700
.: 120GB UDMA 7200 RPM 2MB WD
.: 2 LG LCD Screens @ 19" Viewing
Post Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:21 pm
Rabbit
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ha

Sorry to break the groove:

Pentium 4 3.06 ghz
Ati Radeon 9700 pro
1 gb ram
Post Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:09 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

So, rabbit, tell me your settings (AA, AF) and the lowest framerate you get in Balmora. I am really interested in your results, since I now have a P4 2.53 oclocked to 2.8, 1GB RAM and a Ti 4400 slightly overclocked - and with no AA and no AF I have great framerates with 1600x1200, but the TI sucks when it comes to AA and AF. I'd love to hear what the 9800 pro can do in that respect.
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:17 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowWolfe
*Geforce 2 ( jaz i have the same problem )
Hm, my post above was from last year - I exchanged my old, used GeForce 2 for an old, used GeForce 4 some time around autumn 2002. I rarely have recurring HW troubles - during daytime my comp is used to test customer returns, and if a piece of returned hardware still works (and is better than what I currently have), I keep it . So instead of spending money on a better video card I'll just wait until one comes my way.
quote:
and my character is Azalin and he is a lvl 25 Warrior/Necromancer.
Too bad he's not a lich, huh. I still remember meeting good old Azalin - the original - for the first time in 'House on Gryphon Hill'.
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:57 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I'm using a modification of a skeleton plugin to play a Lich. It's fun to max destruction, create a spell that does 40 points of shock damage for 4 seconds to a 50 area, use an item of levitate to float above Sedya Neen, look down at the peaceful town.... and let rip.

I love area 50 spells. I bet you could see them from orbit.

When the screen lag clears....

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:06 pm
Rabbit
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The lowest i ever got in Balmora was 20. (It was raining and just for fun, i was swirling my mouse around like crazy). Cool fact: I never saw any sudden twitch in the game(not one fraction of lag).
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 1:39 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next