I'm Stuck! Rescue me!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I'm Stuck! Rescue me!

I went inside the orc temple and have made it to what appears to be the last of the orc shamens. Its the one that I can't seem to hurt. My strongest weapon (Troll Axe, 100dmg, 2H) doesn't even touch it. Nor does it hurt the apocolypse templers up the stairs. I did however figure out another way of killing the templers. I just summon a golem to do the trick for me. Anyway, thats not important. I am assuming whenever I get the weapon I need to kill the shamen, I'll also be able to kill the templers without the help of a summoning scroll. My question is this: What do I do now? I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out a way out of the temple. I assumed I was supposed to take the strange sword I found near the last shamen I killed to the 13th Magician up in his tower. I tried using the rune he gave me, but none of the runes work inside the temple. I got where I am by using the mine crawler scroll while standing near the wall between two rocks, and appearing underground. The problem is I can't get out now. Was the way I got into the underground tunnel a bug? Or is there another way out? Hmm. Or am I not even supposed to leave yet. Let me know. Thanks!
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:44 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

hmm!

I've been reading up on other threads. I learned that I am in fact supposed to leave the orc temple and take the strange sword to the 13th magician. However, getting out hasn't proved to be a simple task. I am guessing now the way I got in in the first place was just a bug, and perhaps I can't get out because I was supposed to go in a different way? Perhaps there is a gate near the entrance that I can only open from the entrance side? I got where I am by using the transform into minecrawler spell between two rocks near the wall where you can hear the minecrawlers churping. That location is in the first room where you see a circular shaped wall in the center of the room, to the left are two closed gates with a statue in between them. The room has some skeletons in it. The circular shaped wall in the center of the room is surrounded by an incline of terrain. In the center of the circular wall is a closed gate, on the other side is the tunnel where I appear after using the transform into minecrawler spell about 30 steps behind that circular-(brown) wall between the two rocks, near the rock-(gray) wall, where I can hear the temple minecrawlers churping. *stops to catch breath* Was I supposed to get in there by opening the gates somehow? I really hope it wasn't just a bug, the way I got in. If its a one way thing then I am screwed because I can't seem to get out. I tried standing in the same spot where I appeared after transforming into a minecrawler, and using the spell again to turn back into one in hopes of it taking me back up to the upper level outside the minecrawler tunnel, which is on the other side of the closed gate on the inside of the circular wall, but that didn't work.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:29 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You were supposed to get in by means of a) either an orcish teleport spell or b) a statuette.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:06 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

no no no i mean after

im talking about after your already in the place... I used the statue to pull the lever which opened the gate when lead the the entrance to the loading screen... already did all that. Beyond that point, inside the cave place theres a room with 3 closed gates, i didnt open them. I got inside them by using the transform spell as explained above. The porblem is I can't get out. I assumed there was a way to open the gates from the inside. Is there? I think your thinking I am stuck some place else. I'm stuck in the cave where I got the "strange sword" and am neaer the apocolypse guards and the final shamen that I can't seem to hurt. I got to get out though so I can get the weapons from Xardas.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:48 am
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Have you tried Uriziel's wave of death?
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:50 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

All gates in the temple (except the room with the coffin) are opened from outside, So you overlooked a mechanism somewhere. If I was you I would just use Marvin Mode to teleport through the gate and walk back to the entry hall. Then you can use a teleport rune.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:39 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Sounds like a definite bug.

You'll have to cheat to get out... and next time get back in the proper way. Or... you can load a savegame befoe you entered that section.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:23 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

In the first room where you used the scroll, you should've opened the doors by solving a puzzle. If you didn't, then I do not know of a way to get back out. Just use marvin mode to get back out through the grating you came in through. Then turn it off.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 5:36 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

I got it. I beat the game finally and now I can't wait to play Gothic 2.

I discovered a way out. The way I got in though, was a bug. It works though. It would work for you guys too if you were to stand in the right spot and cast the spell. I ended up getting out by transforming into a meatbug and going through the closed gate. The reason I didn't try it earlier was because I did try the gate next to it. The two gates are exactly the same. I assumed if it wouldn't work on the one gate then it wasn't going to work on the other gate. I was wrong. I figured I had nothing to lose so I tried it and it worked. Its the room with the two gates on the same wall leading the the same wide open room. The gate on the right side works (in meatbug form), the left gate does not. Thanks for all your concern everyone! I look forward to communicating with ya'll on here as we venture our way through Gothic 2.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:40 am
Gothic7
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

4 months of communicating, and then to Gothic II!
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 3:59 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Good trick... now why didn't any of us hink of that?
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:07 pm
Gothic7
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by Erb Duchenne
Good trick... now why didn't any of us hink of that?
i don't think much durring summer
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:02 pm