Usergroups
Amusing Gothic Tales
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

I wouldn't mind hearing some tales of off the wall or amusing events from the game. (I love the dude in the swamp: Whattaya think I'm here racking my balls?)
Early in the game (Little armor etc.) I went to the two orc outpost near Cavalorn, thinking to use the ranged/retreat method to kill the two Orc Warriors and get the potions (Are there additional secrets to that place?). However, I didn't bank on their persistence. One of them chased me all the way back into the old camp, which I thought would be ok since the guards would kill him. To my surprise they treated it like a fight between diggers. The Orc chased me twice around the whole camp, while people were yelling "It's a fight!" I finally ran into the fire mages building and Milten killed him for me. Then the guards killed me for going into the fire mages building. Forgive the length of the post. God I love this game!
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:42 pm
Thief_3_Wannabe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well I suppose this is amusing and it was the only time Gothic scared the poopy out of me.

Comming back from the sect camp I cut across the forest, I ran by a few wolves who gave chase then gave up near the bridge over the river. So I just jog the rest of the way into the camp near where Fisk is I stopped and looked into my inventory on what I could try and sell. Whislt doing this a Shadow suddenly runs by me, this puzzled me since I had never seen one run unless I had killed someone in the camp. So I just shrugged it off as a game bug and started to walk over to Fisk and trade him a bunch of teeth and animal skins.

Suddenly 2 or 3 more people run past me then more infront me start running and I hear a grunt or something. I quickly turn around right when that damned Shadow Beast leaps at me and takes me out. GAAAHH!!!

It was wierd, the guard at the pully thing at the gate should stopped him(since he's invincilbe right?) but I guess he just sat there or some bug stopped him. The other two at the gate had already been killed earlier when I didnt pay my damn ore fee and they thought they would teach me a lesson.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:19 pm
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

LOL.... That's great! A shadowbeast in the camp... I love it.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:01 pm

(minor spoiler regarding orc shaman)

I summoned a golem to help with the fight in the tower where you help the orc shaman. Fight was going well, the golem was taking out orc fighters left and right. All the fighters were dead, then the golem turned on the shaman, and punched him right off the building. Couldn't see his body at all because it was so high up.

Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 9:15 pm