Members
Usergroups
SPOILER - Cure for Vampirism
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Sayter

SPOILER - Cure for Vampirism

Well, after vampire hunting with my lvl 12 mage(fire + vamps=oodles of fun) I accidentally got cornered by miss Quarra herself in her lovely full glass suit. She did, but not before gettin some bites in. So there I am, unaware of the curse until I get a dream message which was quite cryptic, and suddenly...OW....THE PAIN! THE SUN!!!!!

You get the picture. Im sure many of you have been seeking the cure, so here it is in all its glory, after much searching I finally found it.

If you havent done the Mage quests, you will likely not even know of the book "Vampires of Vvardenfell - Volume II". It can be aquired in Jobashas Rare Books (and also in the Tribunal Temple)in Vivec in any case, for a price of 400$. If you are wise enough to read between the lines, per se, youll see that it refers to Bal Ur. It can be found in a few other places, but its easiest to get it in Vivec.

"But I am a vampire, he wont sell to me"
kill him. or loot his chests. that solves THAT issue. *smile*

So where is Bal Ur? The Daedric shrine is located north of the mountains which are to the west of Suran. Pass through the shrine, to the Undergroudn section. Talk to a man there...er...I tHINK his name was Derar or something to that effect. Hell tell you to talk to a statue.

When you talk to the sstatue, it will tell you to go to the cave called Dubdilla(which is south of Vos) and kill Molag Grunda, and her astronach, Nomeg. This is Bal Urs daughter. And he dont like her much for not doing as she was told. So, kill them. Then go back to Bal Ur. Talk to the statue again. Voila. Welcome back to mortality.

Now, there is an upside and a downside here. You are cured yes, your vampiric bonuses are removed, as are resistances and so forth. However, any level up stat-gains you did will remain intact.

Now, I am not sure if you can be a vampire more than once, and be cured more than once. So dont be foolish and try to become a vampire again. This is a cure for those who are done vampire questing, and realyl would like to be mortal again so they can actually converse with others
Post Sat May 25, 2002 9:39 am

dysfunktional
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Vampires

When you are healed, you are healed, no way back..
But i'm having problems finding those vampires guilds.. i only found the berne clan tomb... tho noone wants to talk to me there.. i get this "No! A vampire! Get away!" And then they attack me... why is this.. !?
Every vampire i found did this to me... strange stuff... i got infected by some vamps close to caldera..in an ancestral tomb.. maybe thats the problem.. !?!?

Thanks in advance..

dysfunktional
Post Sat May 25, 2002 12:27 pm
XannyD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Perfect vampire hunter, you can't become one again, right?
Post Sat May 25, 2002 11:44 pm
SteeleDan

Where on earth is Dubdilla?????
Post Mon May 27, 2002 8:24 am

Trulahn

South of Vos, really close to Vos, its one of the many mini-dungeons around teh Grazelands area.
Post Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:54 am