why not multiplayer compatible?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

why not multiplayer compatible?

i don't get it.. morrowind is such a great succes, even so they didn't make it internet compatible.. would be pretty cool if u could play with family or good friends and kill that crazy dagoth ur guy.. well i would understand if the mods would make it hard to play on internet with other ppl who don't have them.. but they could have made it network compatible anyway.. not hard to find out which mods ur family uses no? ^^

this post may be stupid but i WOULD like to know why bethesda didn't make it multi compatible.. tnx
Post Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:11 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Simply because they dont want another Everquest clone. In order to make it MP they would have had to changed all the game mechanics, changed the engine, weakened the storyline (protagonists), lowered the detail (lag) etc etc. TES series is SINGELPLAY. If you want a multiplayer game, play Everquest (or diablo2, as you seem to like )

Morrowind is such a great success BECAUSE it isnt MP, and the devs indicated they were not willing to change it.
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:14 am
InSaNe
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

ahh i see.. and yes i play diablo II LoD, the reason why i use that avatar tnx
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:38 pm
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by InSaNe
Never argue with a nOOb, First they take you down to their level and then they kill you with their skills

If I am not mistaken the original quote was:

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Guess that quote makes a bit more sense
Post Mon Dec 09, 2002 5:38 pm