Usergroups
The Ulu Muluu quest for the Cave orc in the New mine
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
lildragon
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

hi guys I need some help, I can't find another shadowbeast which is bloody annoying, since I killed the only one I saw earlier in the game (in the orc lands) also the most annoying this is the troll in the old monastry where Gorn was the first time.... the only troll left is on top a plaform that I can't get to, I have the acrobatic skills but I can't make the jump..

if you enter the old monastry and go to the far right, near the cliff where the ocean is, you can climb way up to a platform, and you'll see the troll and a treasure chest on the other one, how the hell do you get across there without breaking ur a$$?
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:04 pm

1) It's possible to get to the platform as bloodfly. So just buy the scroll, transform itself) and find a way over the monastery gates (use them as ramp) to reach the rocky slope, which will take you to the platform from the opposite site.

2) There should be another Troll in South Mountaince - exactly where you killed one in focus quest.
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:16 pm

Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

haha, first off...I dont know where you are seeing him now but the troll will be at ground level once you collect the focus from that room in the back of the monastery.

Second, that chest on top...is corny. There is like 2 +50 potions, some bread and like 1 lockpikc in there. But if you really have to get to it, what I did was I took about 10 steps back from the cliff, jumped once and on my second jump I was at the endge of the cliff and did a diving jump to make it over there. Not worth the effort though
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:18 pm
lildragon
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:

On 2002-01-10 10:18, Shrapnel wrote:
Not worth the effort though

I know it's wouldn't be considering what's in my inventory but I need to kill that troll and I don't have a shrink spell, so fire is the only thing that seems to work fireball at that and veeeeeeeery slow i might add :sad:

[ This Message was edited by: lildragon on 2002-01-10 10:22 ]
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:22 pm
lildragon
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

also the Bloodfly way is such a clever way to go I wonder if they can stay flying that high
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 4:23 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

most things, if you strike at them and cant inflict damage at all usually means one of two things:
Time for a new Weapon
Time for some more Str
I find that after Chapter 4/5 (Whichever one the OC closes its doors down in) is when the blacksmith at the Swamp Camp starts to kick in. He will start producing nasty 2handed swords. And thats right about the time Sharky in NC starts selling the nice two handed axes.
Basically, if you raise nothing in this game but your attack skills and str, you will have no problems. Learned that the hard way from my 1st game.
2nd time around all I raised was str and sword skills (and Acrobatics)
No Bow, No Mana, No Hunter Skills, No Thief Skills.
Although, all that str and sword skill, PLUS the fact I know what Im doing, making it too easy this time around.
3rd and final time Im gonna go templar with all bow, all hunter skills, all thief skills, all dex
no sword
no str
just for the hell of it hehehe
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:22 pm
lildragon
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Well this is still my first time around and I'm at level 24, what level do you guys finish at?

also I haven't even played 30 hours yet, didn't this game promise more than that [sniff]
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:27 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

Somebody else mentioned getting over there to get a Troll too. Wierd, the one Gorn & I found was down in the main area. Anyway...I used a speed potion and just ran & jumped to get at the chest. I couldn't get up there even as a Bloodfly, but my jump was amazingly far with a speed potion. Oh, and if I remember correctly, the Troll is actually a juvenile Troll, so he may not end up having the tusk you need. Go up to the clearing in the mountain where you got the focus stone with Diego.

And go into the big forest between the Swamp Camp and the Old Camp to find the shadowbeast you need. I found two in there very close to each other.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:31 pm
lildragon
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

thanx much Brak
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:33 pm
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

No problemo, oh and BTW - you remember when the shaman tries to tell you where his orc buddy is and the two of you have different terminologies for the camp names. So you kind of have to figure out which mine you need to go to? Well, you put the answer to that little riddle in your subject line of your post. No biggie, but spoilers in subject lines are no-no's you bad lildragon.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:54 pm
lildragon
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

oops my bad
Post Thu Jan 10, 2002 6:15 pm