FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Search found 11 matches
  Topic: Testing results
Dorkus

Replies: 5
Views: 251

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:50 am   Subject: Testing results
Some notes from my testing.

- Music and spells cut through resistances more effectively, and SIGNIFICANTLY so, as you level, ALL ELSE EQUAL. So if a 30 mage and a 20 mage both cast iceball, and th ...
  Topic: Controlling attributes, critical chance, and skills
Dorkus

Replies: 6
Views: 315

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:50 am   Subject: Controlling attributes, critical chance, and skills
See my post re testing results.

I don't think the manual is misleading. Just VERY VERY vague. BGII's manual was much better. But Bioware had a lot more time and money to get BGII out than Sir-Tech ...
Dorkus

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:15 pm   Subject: Controlling attributes, critical chance, and skills
Repost from another board (number 2 )
(Note: Avenstar from the other board asserted that attributes have NO EFFECT on skills other than to improve the speed at which they increase through practice ...
Dorkus

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:13 pm   Subject: Controlling attributes, critical chance, and skills
Let me describe the data a bit better:

Each number above is the number of SUCCESSFUL hits it took for me to reach a critical hit. For example, the first number 8 means that I got my first critical ...
Dorkus

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 7:47 pm   Subject: Controlling attributes, critical chance, and skills
I posted this on another board, but i thought I'd post it here as well.

Ok, I just did some testing with a samurai against a pack of 6 juggernauts (good for testing because they have a TON of hp). ...
  Topic: Controlling Attributes.... What does it mean?!?
Dorkus

Replies: 4
Views: 100

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 12:53 am   Subject: Controlling Attributes.... What does it mean?!?
Let me clarify the question:

Do "Controlling attributes" affect:

1.) the effectiveness of a skill

2.) the speed at which the skill improves through pratice, or

3 both?

I have a max ...
  Topic: Controlling Attributes.... What does it mean?!?
Dorkus

Replies: 4
Views: 100

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:38 pm   Subject: Controlling Attributes.... What does it mean?!?
Each of the skills in the game has a few "Controlling Attributes"

The question is this: what does 'controlling' mean?

For example, will a low sense samurai fail to critical hit very often, even ...
  Topic: Wizardry 8 vs. BG II: which is better?
Dorkus

Replies: 11
Views: 306

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:39 pm   Subject: Wizardry 8 vs. BG II: which is better?
To HolyWarrior:

I've never played BGI, but BGII had one of the BEST combat systems I have EVER seen in an RPG. In particular the spell system was absolutely fantastic, and there were SOOO many incr ...
  Topic: Magic training -- does it really work?
Dorkus

Replies: 8
Views: 300

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 7:01 pm   Subject: Magic training -- does it really work?
Well, I'm new to the game, and I tried using my Alchemist to cast Stamina (with a power of 12 points in each cast) about 2 dozen times, resting in between each cast. Yet I didn't get ANY gain in alche ...
  Topic: Wizfast URL
Dorkus

Replies: 10
Views: 169

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 7:00 pm   Subject: Wizfast URL
FOr future reference, Someone gave me a URL

www.yonder.de/wizfast.exe
  Topic: Wizfast URL
Dorkus

Replies: 10
Views: 169

Post image iconForum: Wizardry 8   Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 2:46 pm   Subject: Wizfast URL
That would be absolutely fantastic, if you could.

My email is rejlc@hotmail.com

Thanks ahead of time Danicek!

Page 1 of 1